Monday, April 6, 2009

The Buzz has Shoulder Surgery and gets Rear-ended on the way home


Sometimes my life seems like a bad sitcom that really needs canceling. My adventure last week was that I got into an accident on the way back from having shoulder surgery at the hospital. Note to self: lay off the morphine and mojito chasers when driving.

My mother (bless her heart) would have told me that this was just God's way of punishing me for something I did wrong-- I always knew it was because I never put the toilet seat down. But that's not it this time (I checked). I think this just proves that God really does work in mysterious ways....

But I was very touched by the hundreds of emails I got wishing me a speedy recovery (ok, so I only got one and it was from my gardener). But just to allay your fears, here's a picture of me recovering:   Please take special notice of the dead flowers (the previous patient left them as a get well gift to me).Ok, ok, this isn't really a picture of me after the accident. I actually still look remarkably human (and NO I did not go in to have "work done" ), but this photo reflects the high drama I felt after the tragedy.

1 comment:

GrannySmithGreen said...

Bless your heart--or shoulder. You are just too funny, plus you needed a comment on this post!